• Charge the battery for 2 hours before first use. (Normal charge time is within 1 hour.)
• Always slowly roll the on/off switch in any direction to turn compressor on and to change
• Low pressure applications only. Best when used with gravity-feed airbrushes.
• For siphon-feed, only the NEO for Iwata BCN is recommended. (Not intended for use
with an Eclipse BCS.)
• Auto-Protect Feature: Compressor automatically turns off after 9 minutes. To restart
slowly roll the on/off switch.
REMOVE PROTECTIVE TAPE FROM ON/OFF ROLLING SWITCH AND BATTERY
TERMINAL. FULLY CHARGE THE BATTERY FOR 2 HOURS.
Dismount the battery from the compressor unit by turning it counter-clockwise 1/8 turn
(A). Determine the appropriate international plug and connect it to the power adapter.
Plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet (100–240v). Then plug the power adapter
cord into the top of the battery and charge for 2 hours (B).
The indicator light on the battery will show the following colors when charging:
Orange – Battery is charging
Flashing Green – Battery is fully charged within 1 hour
The indicator light on the battery will show the following colors while the compressor
Green – Battery has a good charge
Red – Battery has a low charge
1. Remount the charged battery onto the bottom of the compressor unit by aligning the
tabs on the battery to the tabbed hole on the compressor unit. Push together and turn the
battery clockwise 1/8 turn (C). You can power the compressor by using either the battery
or by plugging the power adapter directly into the compressor unit. (The battery will
charge when attached to the plugged in compressor unit only when the compressor unit
is not running. Normal charge time for a full battery is within 1 hour. Spare batteries are
available for longer running times.)
2. If using the compressor upright, place the bottom of the unit in the anti-vibration base.
The base can be used with the battery attached (D) or with just the compressor unit (E). If
lying flat, place the side of the compressor unit with the rubber feet onto the vibration
dampening pad (F).
3. Mount the dual position airbrush holder onto the unit. Use the L-shaped mounting tab
when the compressor is in an upright position (G). Use the straight mounting tab when
the compressor is lying flat (H).
4. Screw one end of the air hose onto the compressor unit and the other end onto your
airbrush and hand-tighten. Both ends of the air hose are the same. (If using a brand of
airbrush other than Iwata, you may need an air hose adapter – not included.) The air hose
provided is designed to work specifically with the Iwata Freestyle Air Battery-Powered
Airbrush Compressor. Do not use other air hoses.
1. The compressor turns off while running. The Iwata Freestyle Air is designed to
automatically turn off after 9 minutes of constant running. To restart, slowly turn the rolling
switch in any direction until the unit turns on.
2. The compressor will not turn on. Slowly roll the on/off rolling switch more than once.
If the rolling switch is turned too fast, the unit may not turn on. If compressor still will not
turn on, the battery may need to be charged. If using the power adapter on the compressor
unit, be sure the correct international plug is firmly mounted into the power adapter
and then firmly attached to a working electrical outlet. Be sure the power adapter cord is
firmly plugged into the compressor unit.
3. The compressor is running but no air is flowing through the airbrush. Check the
air hose attachment on the compressor and airbrush to make sure there is no air leak.
Check the air hose for cracks or damage. Remove the air hose from the airbrush and see
if there is air flowing through the air hose. If air is flowing then your airbrush may be
4. The battery will not charge. Be sure the power adapter cord is firmly plugged
into the battery. Check that the correct international plug is firmly mounted into the
power adapter and then firmly attached to a working electrical outlet. If battery was stored
with a low or no charge for a long period of time it may be damaged.