Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is airbrushing safe?
A: Yes, but use common sense. Remember that you are spraying materials into the environment and neither you nor anyone else should inhale them. It is essential to work with good ventilation and exhaust fans, if not an airbrush spray booth, and to wear the appropriate respirator when spraying toxic materials such as automotive paint. Contact your local safety supply store for the appropriate cartridges and for the proper fitting of respirators.
Q: Why shouldn’t I spray paint thinner, acetone, alcohol or random solvent name, through an airbrush?
A: These materials are toxic, highly flammable, organic liquids. When sprayed through an airbrush they become highly toxic, extremely flammable, organic vapors. Also, solvents are not very good for you, even on your skin – after you’ve converted them to vapors your eyes, nose, mouth, throat, and lungs get the brunt of the damage that these materials can cause to your body.
Q: I don’t see my question listed here? What do I do now?
A: You can e-mail your question to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.